Sunday 2 September 2012

Sporty spice!

Hello beautifuls!
How are you all?

Happy first (well technically second) of September guys! Can you believe it's already September?! I can't, I feel like I've just blinked at almost the full year has disappeared! What's even more scary is that my little baby is due in exactly 10 weeks and six days!

Anyway, I've been requested to do a topic about sports by livelaughlove. This topic is different from the ones I usually do so I am excited! Lets get started;

Soccer, figure-skating, swimming and tennis;

When I was in middle school, I did play a bit of girls' soccer although I was more focused on figure skating and swimming. Still to this day I adore both but with pregnancy I've not been skating, I have been swimming a lot though; I try to swim at least once a week.

When I played soccer, I ended up getting injured a lot and then eventually getting a fractured ankle. That was the end of my soccer career (well what there was of it). I didn't mind playing soccer, I thought it was fun but as I grew older, I realised that the sport just wasn't for me so I guess you could say my accident was a little bit like a sign. At least, that's what I think it was!

I started ice-skating at four years of age, I became a figure skater at age eight. Having my childhood in Canada, it was only expected for me to have something to do with ice. I admit, I did want to play ice-hockey but was turned away for being to 'fridgal.' Although I think that the only reason I wasn't excepted was because my big brothers all played the sport. Anyway, I adored being on the ice and when the Disney movie 'Ice princess' came out, it instantly became one of my favourite movies.

My mom and dad always told me I have always been a water baby. From my first holiday to Portugal, Spain when I was only 17-months-old, I was the first one out of all my siblings to get in the water. There's pictures of me, sitting in the baby pool with a incredibly cheesy grin on my face. So as I got older, my parents signed me up to have swimming lessons and the instructor told them that she has never seen someone adapt so quickly to water before. What should have taken 11 weeks to learn me to swim, was cut fairly short to 3 weeks.

When I moved to the UK, my cousins took me to an indoor sport centre where there was tennis courts, a gym, badminton courts set up. Of course, when I picked up the tennis racket at first I was absolutely horrible. I mean, not hitting the ball, horrible! But I found it fun and that was the most important thing. So, every week or two, my cousins and I would go to the sport centre and play a game of tennis for fun; sure there might have been times where we played in competitiveness but nothing serious.

UK sports aren't totally different than Canadian or any other country, however they do call 'Soccer' - 'football'. I found it quite weird at first but I'm slowly adapting to the change. Other than that, they play mostly the same sports.

I support the 'football' (soccer) team, Chelsea FC all because of my fiance. Carter has grown up supporting the team so when we started dating, he always told me that I would need to support them too. Of course, I wasn't very into supporting teams because I don't really like choosing teams. If you have seen my instagram you will know that Carter has already bought two teeny-tiny baby outfits with Chelsea's logo on the chest. If not this is it-


Youngest supporter already!




 
 
Already, he has turned our son or daughter into a Chelsea supporter.
 
I have been to local soccer game plus a Chelsea game. Carter's parents and I worked together to get tickets for his sixteen birthday, they bought his two brothers a ticket each while I bought us both a ticket. I gotta say, the hype at Stamford Bridge was an unforgettable experience!
 
 
Annnnnd, I think that's all for this post! Thank you again to Livelaughlove who requested me to do this, I had a lot of fun writing about something different. If you have anything you want me to write about or you want to hear my view on things, please don't hesitate to ask in a comment below, a tweet, an email etc.. I love hearing from you guys and seeing what you have in store for me!
 
Pregnancy tracker: 29 weeks and 1 day.
 
Again, thank you guys!
 
Stay beautiful!
Katieleigh (and baby brown); xoox


1 comment:

  1. thanks for doing it :) I knew it was different, because you usually talk about boys and make-up and all that, so why not try something different, and hey, you said you liked doing it :)

    I just choose sports because I absolutely love them. Like I'm a sports nut. Which, in turn, I love because I can each as much as I want because I have a high fitness level and metabolism :D

    I'd love to do Ice Skating, but because I live in the coutnryside of Donegal, in Ireland, we don't have the facilities to do Ice Skating. I think the nearest skating rink is in Belfast. My friend went there once on a school trip, but he goes to a diff. school than me :L

    I do play tennis though. I play a little bit outside of school, but I'm not a member of a club or anything. We have a team in school and all, so I play with them and two of my friends play to so it's great craic :)

    My sports kind of differ to yours a lot. I love contact sports. Like, getting rough and dirty. I play soccer inside school and I'm a member of the local soccer club. I don't support chelsea, but I do support Manchester United and Celtic FC in scotland. We just about have a team together (with only one sub) :L I would have loved Ice Hockey, but again, no facilities.

    I grew up in a gaeltacht (irish) area in donegal. School was all in irish (apart frome english, obvs), mass (church) was in irish, spoke irish at home. Irish sports were known as the best sports in the work (Gaelic football, Hurling and Camogie) basically i very up in a very patriotic household.

    I play Gaelic Football, which is like soccer only you could hold the ball and all that. And there is a different points/goals system. A lot dirtier than soccer I'd say, but I'm a rough player. Even though, Gaelic's only a semi-contact sport (i.e. pulling a jersey is a foul. you only can use one hand to hit the ball away from the other person, tackling in general is a foul etc) As you probably can guess, I get yellow cards a lot. I have had the occasional red card too.

    I LOVE camogie though (which is the exact same as hurling, but for women). It's full on contact. The best I can explain it is, it's like land hockey only the sticks (hurley's/caman) are bigger, you wear a helmet (and if the other player pulls it off, it's a foul. you prob wear one for hockey too) and it's bordering on savage. If you go to any of the main hurling counties (ie kilkenny, tippereary, cork), or even I'd had experience playing teams from there. They are alot dirtier and pasionate about it. Probably the best way to describe it would be a cross between hockey and murder. Its dirty.

    I play like rugby and all in the school aswell. And shockingly, I like to dance as well. I am in an advanced class of hip hop and contemporary. and I'm in grade 3 in ballet.

    As you can tell, a lot of my time is taken up by sports. I still do well in school and all, so it's grand. I want to be a physio therapist aswell, because I know what it's like having injuries and having to rehabilitate them. I have literally either broken, fractured or dislocated every finger in my hand. I've broken both my wrists (at different times) ankles, legs, ribs. You name it I've probably injured it in some way or another. I've been playing since I was 7, and I'm almost 18, so they've built up over the years. so that's what I really want to do, then like become one for a major sports team like man u or something. maybe chelsea.

    anyway, sorry, i've probably really bad grammar and spelling in this. I'm tired and I have school in the morning so i don't really care what i'm typing, whether it's right or wrong, at the minute. so please excuse that.

    thanks for doing this anyway. where abouts in the uk are you from anyway? I've got an email: happyholly95@gmail.com. sorry for rambling too. it gets out of hand sometimes :)

    all the best, hope you're pregnancy, relationship and everything goes well :D

    ReplyDelete