Sunday 20 May 2012

My baby + I, pregnancy + engagement! =)

Hello beautiful's!
How are you all?

Today's blog is a requested one from the wonderful Taya =) She commented on my last blog and asked could I write a little more about Carter, pregnancy, engagement etc, so lets get started! =)

Warning: Soppy girlfriend coming up!

Carter James Lucas Brown. The name even makes me feel weak! Carter is 17 and he is British. He was my first ever boyfriend when I arrived in the UK, the first time I saw him I honestly did feel something I've never felt before- Cheesy?

Carter was (and still is) best friends with my cousin, when I first arrived in the UK my cousin (Curtis) asked me to come with him and a few friends to the movies. That's where I got introduced to this gorgeous boy! Even though we were only twelve, I really was like a school girl! Carter and I sat beside each other in the movie theatre, we chatted about general things like our ages, where I was from etc, before the movie started.

When the movie was over, our group of six (me and my cousin's girlfriend being the only girls!) headed outside where it was freezing! Carter noticed this and gave me his Adidas hoodie which I still have to this day, we exchanged numbers before I left to go home.

That's when I would say my fairytale started.

A month had gone by with Carter and I texting, he finally asked me to go to the local funfair with him which I happily said yes too and now this is Carter's cheesy but very adorable part comes up! Does everyone know hoop-la? It's where you throw the plastic rings to try and get it over the empty glass bottles? Well he was playing that and won the large teddy bear, Carter slyly asked me to check the time on my phone little did I know was that he asked the guy to write on a piece of paper and stick it onto the bear. When Carter gave me the bear, I looked down and read the note that said 'Will you be my girlfriend?'

Cheesy but cute, right? =)

June 15th 2007 was when I became his official girlfriend!

Over the years we've became even closer, he's been there through literally everything. We plan to get our own house soon, before the baby is born but until then we basically live together. Carter is literally the best boyfriend ever, he does everything for me even if I don't ask him too.

For Carter's 17th birthday I booked us both two tickets to go to the amazing New York City! It was our first holiday just the two of us. On February 25th, we went to the Empire Estate Building; I was so captured by the amazing beauty of New York at night I didn't realise Carter was building up courage. I heard him call my name, making me turn around with a gasp when I saw him down on one knee with a beautiful ring in his hand.

"We've been together for so long, we've had our life planned our for a long time and now I'm ready for taking that first step. Will you marry me?" Was the exact words he said, I'm surprised I can even remember them because believe me, I was honestly thinking that I was dreaming! Of course, I said yes!

Only a few weeks ago we found out that we were going to be parents, now at 13 weeks gone, I can happily say that we are so excited to be a mommy and daddy! =) Carter has even started talking baby boy names!

Pregnancy:-
Already I adore being pregnant! I know that I maybe won't be saying that when I'm six months and the size of a whale but for now I love it! Already I'm getting a baby bump which I've took a picture of and uploaded it to instagram (which you can view here even if you are using a computer/laptop).

I can tell Carter will be an amazing father already, every night he rubs my stomach and talks to it, every morning he rubs it and says good morning. Cute right?:]

When I found out I was pregnant, I was very emotional after loosing my uncle who past away a mere few days before I found out. Carter and I both took this as a blessing from heaven, we honestly think that my uncle sent this baby to us because the week before we went to NYC my uncle said to us both; "I bet you both come home and in a few weeks you'll tell us you're going to be parent" and he was right. I'm very saddened that my uncle won't be here to see his great-niece/nephew but I know he'll be our guardian angel.

We broke the news to Carter's parents first before telling my mom. Carter's little four year old brother asked was the baby going to be here the day after we announced it, he continues to ask every day if the baby is going to be here soon. Carter's parents loved the fact we are going to be parents but my mom didn't, she wanted me to wait a few more years but quickly got over it and is very very supportive. My mom was a teen mom so I understand completely why she got upset.

Like I said, I am only twelve weeks pregnant and scans are supposed to be 12, 16 and 20 weeks, my first scan is going to be taken in two days! =)

Engagement:-

Engagement! Ah, I love the word! Even though we don't plan on getting married until after the baby is born, we still talk about it most times; bridesmaids, groomsmen, best man etc., I plan to make my own dress and my own bridesmaid dresses just because I have specific ways that I want them.

I rang my mom the night Carter asked me to marry him, we basically fan-girled over it for a good hour. Carter couldn't stop laughing (I think he even video'd me screaming down the phone). My sisters already started claiming bridemaid and flower girl spots, my brothers took Carter to the side and gave him the protective big brother's speech. You'd think after five years he would know not to break my heart, right? Carter's mom and dad were also gleaming at the fact we decided to get married.

I didn't realise but Carter rang my dad who still lives in Canada, and asked his premission before asking me. That really made me breakdown just because he took that step and included my dad in the special moment.

When we announced it to our friends they all said the same things; "FINALLY!"



So, that's answering the topic I was asked which I loved by the way!=) I seriously hope that I'll get more topics to write about because I absolutely love sharing things with you guys!

By the way, if you follow my instagram (which you don't need an iphone, ipad or anything to do. Just by checking up on a thing called statigr.am, you'll all be able to see my photos which involves my fashion too! My link is statigr.am/katiebryee which is also above in the pregnancy section I just wrote about!)

Please keep commenting and sending your topics in please,

stay beautiful!
Katieleigh;;-xo

3 comments:

  1. Hahah, why thanks, you're pretty wonderful too;D
    Oh my gosh you guys are sooo cute! Hahaha I love sappy stuff, so this was like, heaven to read about. :) Cheesy is so great!<3 Lol, I'm such a dork. Anyways, I'm so glad you're happy and I hope you continue to be happy, but even more! I would suggest another topic... but I'm really not sure lol Well, I hope you get more comments :)
    -Taya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you do a post on how you and Carter have stayed together for so long. I mean you started dating when you were really young and now you are engaged! So how have you made it so long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course honey! Thanks for commenting! =)

      Delete